Wednesday, July 6, 2016

She is the the Reason

Let's get into detail about my life! 
Creepy or conceited? We shall see. 
I was born June 5th 1994. My mother ,22, had an 11 month old son, lived at home, was in school, and was not in a solid relationship with my father. She had no idea she was pregnant with me. She had pain that she assumed was an ovarian cyst and BAM at 26 weeks I was born. Stealth much? Anyway, she knew that another baby on top of everything else was too much so I was put up for adoption. This is where the story really starts. I was adopted by my loving and wonderful parents. I have 2 older brothers who are the most different twins imaginable and an older sister who could pass as my twin. 
All my life I was raised knowing that this was my family, it's what I knew. I also always knew I was adopted. That conversation of being adopted isn't something that was a big ordeal like in the movies, I mean, my siblings and myself are 50 shades of mysterious brown and had 2 white parents. One day when I was 15 my sister and I found a slip of paper in the garage with the last name that would've been mine had I not been given up. I knew I had an older brother from my biological family so i did as any teenager would and looked him up on MySpace. I found him, sent him a message asking if his mom had a baby in 1994 who was adopted, and it goes on from there. I became friends with my brother and birth mother on social media and found out I had a younger sister who is full blood (sounds like an unauthentic sketchy Harry Potter reference). Well years later, just shy of my 22nd birthday, I decided it was time to meet my biological family. My little sister, mostly grown up, graduating from high school, driving cars, and going off to college seemed old enough and ready to take that leap too. I drove an hour away with 2 friends recording my every move and basically every thought. 
It's hard to explain what went through my mind as I looked up from my phone and saw my beautiful little sister standing there, when I hugged the woman who created and carried me, who made the hardest and most selfless decision a mother can, when I met the man who aided in my being, and the young man who is my brother. It's probably hard to explain because honestly I can't even explain it to myself. Since that day I've watched my younger sister walk across the stage and glide her tassel from one side to the other, made plans to hang out, and met my 5 other siblings. Yes. 5. My dad was a "hoe".
Along with meeting and spending time with these people who I get to call my siblings I've met cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents and as of now there is no end in sight of people I've yet to meet. 
If you've read my writing before you know that the woman who raised me, my heart and soul, my mommy, passed away a bit over 2 years ago. Every time I write it leads back to her. She is the reason so many wonderful things in my life. 
What keeps me strong in all this overwhelming chaos of meeting someone new every week, is her. 
I know she would love to meet everyone with me and I know she's looking down on me and at many times is beside me guiding me where I need to go. 
So I guess that's detailed enough for now. 
Thanks for staying with me mom. 





No comments:

Post a Comment